The Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS) announces the launch of a new premier educational event—The Plastics Leadership Summit—which will add a compelling educational component to NPE2018: The Plastics Show. The Plastics Leadership Summit will provide plastics industry and end-market executives and senior management with access to the latest organizational tools and up-to-the-minute business imperatives and insights that determine company success now, and in the future.
This unique series of half-day executive symposia with networking lunches will feature keynote speakers from well-known and respected financial institutions, consumer brands, plastics manufacturing companies and national associations, plenary talks and interactive discussions covering topics from investment capital, acquisitions and projected demand to new product ideas, supply chain efficiencies and emerging technologies. The networking lunches will allow executives the opportunity to meet and talk with not only the speakers, but also with their peers.
“The Plastics Leadership Summit will provide plastics executives unique access to premium learning and networking opportunities, and facetime with industry experts to build the relationships they need to drive strategies leading to company success,” says PLASTICS’ President and CEO, William R. Carteaux. “The Plastics Leadership Summit’s half-day schedule is intentionally designed to encourage executive attendees and speakers to visit the show floor where they can marry what they’ve learned with technologies and innovations being showcased by exhibitors whose products and services relate to the presented themes.”
The three days of the Plastics Leadership Summit feature specific tracks, and dynamic speakers:
Profit—Tuesday, May 8, 2018. Specialized to support C-level executives and small- and middle-market company presidents and CFOs:
- Topics include capital sourcing for growth and acquisition, company valuation and corporate financial strategies.
- Speakers and panelists include: Sharon Miller, Managing Director, Bank of America; Charlie Gailliot, Partner, Goldman Sachs; Craig Staub, Managing Principal, Odyssey Partners; John Hart, Managing Director, Plante Moran Corporate Finance; Sam Smith III, Senior VP, Customers Bank Commercial Finance
Product—Wednesday, May 9, 2018. Designed for senior business development, sales and marketing, and product/divisional business managers:
- Focus is on projected demand for existing and new ideas in aerospace, medical, food and beverage, lawn and garden, and other industry market segments.
- Speakers and panelists include: Theresa Hermel-Davidock, Worldwide Director, Core Technologies, Becton Dickinson; Stephen Livernois, VP Procurement, Becton Dickinson; Rene Lammers, Sr. VP Global Beverage R&D, PepsiCo; Catherine Hawkins, Senior Director of Procurement, The Boeing Company; Jay Olson, Materials, Engineering and Technology Manager, John Deere; Scott Farmer, Executive Vice President, Berry Plastics
Production—Thursday, May 10, 2018. Learning geared toward manufacturing executives and general managers of manufacturing facilities:
- Topics range from workforce development to innovations including additive (3D and 4D) manufacturing and “smart manufacturing” throughout the supply chain.
- Speakers and panelists include: Jay Timmons, President and CEO, National Association of Manufacturers; Greg Haye, General Manager Materials and Process Development Center, Local Motors, Inc.; Tim Weber, Global Head of 3D Materials and Advanced Applications, Hewlett Packard Inc.; Peter Stansky, Digitalization Development Manager, Siemens, Inc.
In addition to the Plastics Leadership Summit, eight specialized education programs at NPE2018 will cover every facet of the plastics industry and offer insights to solve specific on-the-job challenges.
New educational programs at NPE2018 include:
- 3D Printing Workshop , presented by: Additive Manufacturing Media and Plastics Technology
- Bottle Zone Technical Forum, hosted by: PETplanet and the International Society of Beverage Technologists (ISBT)
- Re|focus Sustainability & Recycling Summit
Returning educational programs at NPE2018 include:
- Agricultural Plastics Recycling Conference
- Carpet America Recovery Effort
- Plastics Industry Insights—IHS Markit
Seminarios Latinoamericanos, presentados en Español