The Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS) announced today that the sold-out Bottle Zone at NPE2018: The Plastics Show will cover more than 65,000 net square feet on the exhibit floor. The new zone will provide a comprehensive look at the trends, technical knowledge, innovations and suppliers that serve this booming sector of the plastics industry.
With plastic bottles and jars representing approximately 75 percent of all plastic containers by weight and expenditures on food-and-beverages increasing 5 percent in the first quarter, growth in bottling manufacturing is taking hold in the U.S. and around the globe. Increased consumption makes the Bottle Zone the ideal place for manufacturers to strengthen their position in this $12.6 billion sector of the industry, as reported in the January 2017, IBISWorld Industry Report 32616, “Plastic Bottle Manufacturing in the US.”
“We aim to highlight the plastic industry’s growing trends at NPE,” says PLASTICS’ President & CEO William R. Carteaux. “Given the increase in consumer demand for plastic bottles in the last year, the launch of the Bottle Zone will provide a platform for bottle manufacturers to take a deeper look at issues important to this segment, such as sustainability and safety, to ensure they are able to effectively meet consumer demands and give them a strong competitive advantage.”
The Bottle Zone, presented with supporting partners PETplanet, drinktec and the International Society of Beverage Technologists (ISBT), welcomes attendees to:
- Explore the next generation of bottles and containers from 80+ manufacturers and suppliers: resins, colorants, additives, preforms, molds, dryers, labeling, filling, capping, closure design, inspection equipment and recyclers.
- Learn about the latest innovations in the manufacturing of bottles and containers at the Bottle Zone Technical Forum’s specialized sessions. Topics include:
- Raw Materials, Additives, Barrier
- Preform and Closure Manufacturing
- Bottle Blow Molding Technologies
- Bottle Filling and Inspection Technologies
- Downstream Packaging and Recycling Technologies
- Connect with other plastics professionals in the Bottle Zone Biergarten, the place to do business with new and existing partners and socialize with colleagues, industry leaders and experts.
PLASTICS projects continued increases across products and sectors, including beverage, food and water, household, pharmaceutical and automotive chemicals and fluids. With more than 2,000 companies showcasing their latest products, processes and technology, NPE2018: The Plastics Show is the best place for attendees to boost their production and stay on top of these growing industry trends.
NPE2018, the triennial international plastics manufacturing exposition representing the entire plastics supply chain, returns to the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando May 7-11, 2018. To register for NPE2018, click here . For more information about the Bottle Zone, visit NPE.org/BottleZone.