SPE Shape Extrusion Topcon
May 12-14, 2020, Hilton Nashville Green Hills Hotel, Nashville, TN
Presented by the SPE Extrusion Division
To succeed in today’s “Industry 4.0 environment” a thorough knowledge of fundamentals, advanced theory and techniques is required. Hence, the SPE Shape Extrusion Topcon was conceived!
The SPE Shape Extrusion Topcon will feature 20+ technical presentations, an exhibitor display area and access to some of the top technical minds in the world relating to the extrusion of precision products.
This technical program will feature industry experts from industry, the SPE Extrusion Board of Directors, and leaders from academia.
May 12, 2020 Optional Fundamentals of Extrusion Session
1:00 pm- Opening Remarks
- Rheology in Polymer Processing- Eldridge Mount, EMMount Technologies
- Single Screw Extruders: Screw Design Practicalities- Tim Womer, TWWomer and Assoc.
- Twin Screw Extruders: Theory, Tips and Tips- Charlie Martin, Leistritz Extrusion
- Fundamentals: Blow and Cast Film Dies and Systems- Karen Xiao, Celgard & Olivier Catherine, Cloeren
- Tube and Profile Extrusion Theory and Techniques- Steve Schick, Teel Plastics
May 13, 2020 SPE Shape Extrusion Topcon Day 1
- KEYNOTE: Extrusion Process Analytics – From Reactive to Proactive- Robert Armstrong, Eval – Kuraray America
- Screw Designs to Minimize Gel Formation – Mark Spalding, Dow Chemical Company
- Improving Extrusion System Productivity Using Digital Technology- John Christiano, Davis Standard
- Comparison between melting rate, temperature and temperature setting and screw design on Machine Performance- Jeff Myers, Barr Inc.
- Application of Simulation Towards Extrusion Process Troubleshooting- John Perdikoulias, Compuplast NA
- Using Self Service Industrial Analytics for Inline Monitoring Improving Extrusion Processes- Edwin van Dijk, TrendMiner
- The Smart Factory: Making Your Existing Factory More Intelligent- Shane O’Callahan, TSM Control Systems
- Key Considerations for Selecting a Blending and Material Handling System- Mark Jordan, Advanced Blending Systems
- Comparison of Screen Changer Designs for Precision, Tight Tolerance Extrudates- Justin Marriott, Parkinson Technologies
- New Technologies in Extrusion Gear Pumps- Dan Smith, MAAG
May 14, 2020 SPE Shape Extrusion Topcon Day 2
- KEYNOTE: Extrusion Opportunities for Polymer-Graphene Composites- Tom Nosker, Rutgers University
- Simulation of Cooling, Shrinkage and Distortion in Tube and Profile Extrusion- Mahesh Gupta, Plastic Flow
- Virtual Pressure Measurement for Medical nano-scale Extruders- Kevin Slusarz, US Extruders
- PVC Profile Extrusion Nuances Techniques- Dan Cykana, Extrusion Solutions, LLC
- Downstream Puller and Cutter System Advancements for Precision Tubes and Profiles- Bob Bessemer, Novatec
- Key Factors for Successfully Integrating Twin-screw Compounding with the Extrusion Process- Paul Andersen, Coperion
- Individual Layer Foaming in Multilayer Co-ex Film and Sheet- Mark Woodrich, Macro Engineering
- Advancements for Online Process Measurement and Control for Films and Coatings- Ted Schnackertz, NDC Technologies
- Devolatilizing Extruder MRS as an Alternative for PET Recycling Applications- Monika Gneuss, Gneuss
- A Biobased, Biodegradable and Barrier Solution for Sustainable Packaging- Kevin Laux, Eval – Kuraray America
- A New Material Innovation to Make Bag Closures Sustainable- Gary Tong, Kwik Lok
- Leveraging Process Analytics with Operational Guidance- Josh Shupp, Northwest Analytics
Costs to Attend
SPE members: Fundamentals session – $200, Conference session – $600, Both – $700
Non SPE members: Fundamentals session – $300, Conference session – $750, Both – $850
Event corporate sponsors: Witte Pumps, Compuplast, Coperion, Brabender Technologie, Davis Standard, US Extrusion, Leistritz Extrusion, Plastics Technology Magazine, Barr Inc., and others. A limited # of corporate sponsorships are still available for $1200 each.
For additional information contact Charlie Martin, Leistritz Extrusion, at 908/685-2333 x616 or email@example.com
For the latest event details see: https://www.4spe.org/i4a/pages/index.cfm?pageid=5086