Designed for use in pharmaceutical and medical cleanrooms, Leistritz has introduced an improved ZSE18 mm co-rotating twin screw extruder that uses a brushless AC servo-motor that’s sealed against water sprays/dust. The new motor is also significantly quieter than standard motors, and servo-motor technology facilitates a 1000:1 turndown with .01% speed accuracy, which is particularly beneficial in a laboratory environment developing multiple products over wide screw rpm ranges.
Some of the unique/new features that make the ZSE-18 ideal for use in GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) environments include:
- Segmented stainless steel screws assembled on high-torque splined shafts
- 72 NM torque rating and screw rpms to 1200 rpm+
- Modular stainless steel barrels with a tie-rod assembly system for quick change capability
- Gearbox positioning plate that allows gearbox repositioning to shorter/longer L/D’s (a cantilevered front-end allows use of gear pump front-end and other devices)
- Quick-clamp assembly mates the process section to the gearbox for accelerated changeovers
- Quick-connections for electrical and plumbing connections
- Side stuffer for downstream introduction of shear sensitive materials
- Stainless steel base-frame, deemed optimum in a cleanroom environment (no paint)
- Allen-Bradley PLC/HMI that’s 21 CFR Part 11 Compliant with flash-drive download
A ZSE-18 twin screw extruder is available for testing at the Leistritz NJ process laboratory. The ZSE-18 can be mated with pelletizing, tube, filament, film and/or sheet downstream systems.
For additional information contact Sarah Scovens, Leistritz Marketing Assistant, at 908/685-2333 x614 or email@example.com