Mark your calendars! Don’t miss the SPE Shape Extrusion Topcon….the event where you’ll learn the theory and tricks of the trade to make high-precision extruded products.
March 29, 2016 – Optional fundamentals session:
- Olivier Catherine, Cloeren – Rheology Measurements and Principles for Extrusion
- Kevin Slusarz, Cable Components – Fundamentals of Single Screw Design
- Greg Campbell, Castle Associates – Calculation of Fluid Mechanics in the Metering Section
- John Perdikoulias, Compuplast – Fundamentals of Extrusion Die Engineering
- Dan Cykana, Extrusion Solutions LLC – Fundamentals of Profile Extrusion
March 30, 2016:
Keynote: Jim Murphy, Davis-Standard – Technology and Trends in the Extrusion Industry
- Scott Marks, DuPont – Materials Selection for Coextrusion
- Perry Vadhar, Sealed Air – Barrier Film Applications in Food Packaging
- Mahesh Gupta, Michigan Tech – Optimization of Extrusion Dies Using Simulations
- Steve Schick, Teel Plastics – Tooling Design and Development: What Works Best for Various Polymer Families
- Edgard Chow, Kuraray – High Barrier Film Innovations with EVAL EVOH
- Steve Maxson, Graham Engineering – Extrusion of Bioresorbable Stent Scaffold Tubing
- Alex Utracki, Coperion – Principles and Practices of Compounding on Twin-Screw Extruders
- Jorina Verhoog, Merck – Controlled Release Pharmaceutical Formulations Using Coextrusion: Rings and Rods
- Mark Wodrich, Macro Engineering – Innovations in Blown Film Die Designs
- Olivier Catherine, Cloeren – Recent Developments in Cast Barrier Film Extrusion Technology
- Charlie Martin, Leistritz – When, Why and How to Extrude Precision Parts from a Twin Screw Compounding Extruder
- Mike Rasner, ABS Blending – The Economics of Blending
March 31, 2016:
Keynote: Tim Osswald, University of Wisconsin – Impact of Rheology on Extrusion
- Eldridge Mount, Mount Technologies – The Science and Technology of Biaxial Film Orientation
- Lori Kardos, Dow Chemical – New High Performance AGILITYTM LDPEs for Blends with LLDPE in Blown Film Industrial and Food Packaging
- Greg Campbell, Castle Associates – A Review of Some Important Mixing Processes for Single Screw Extruders
- Bob Bessemer, Conair – An In-depth Discussion on Methods and Equipment Used in Attaining Extremely Tight Cut-to-length Tolerances of Profiles and Tubes In-line
- Calvin Miller, DSM – Akulon XS, a New PA6 Material
- Gary Oliver, Polymer Processing Technologies – Tooling/Mechanical Design for Cast Film and Sheet Dies/Feedblocks
- John Perdikoulias, Compuplast – Solving Layer Instability Problems in Co-extrusion Flows
- Steve Post, Davis-Standard – Cast Film Overview: Major Markets, Latest Trends and Key Driving Forces
- Nick Nigro, W&H – Compare Conventional Blown Versus Water Quench Processes
- Dan Smith, Maag – Developments in Gear Pump and Screen Changer Technologies
- Joe Dziedzic, ACS Group – Auxiliary Equipment for Extrusion
Note: Agenda is subject to change without notice
See this link for the latest program details and to register: http://tinyurl.com/marchextrusiontopcon
Early registration before March 2, 2016. Registration fees include handout materials, reception on Day 1, and lunch on Day 1 & 2.
– $525 Full Conference – Non Member (includes SPE membership)
– $425 Full Conference – Member
– $100 Tutorial only
After March 2, 2016:
– $575 Full Conference – Non Member (includes SPE membership)
– $475 Full Conference – Member
– $200 Tutorial only
The following companies are corporate sponsors for this event:
Axiall: Manufacturer of integrated chlorovinyls.
AET/Advanced Extruder Technologies: Extrusion equipment and process engineering.
The Cary Company: Raw materials, packaging, absorbents and filtration products.
Davis-Standard: Single screw extruders and systems.
Gneuss: Filtration, measurement and processing equipment.
Graham Engineering: Blow molding and extrusion systems.
JSW: Feeders, extruders, pelletizers and control equipment.
Leistritz: Twin screw extruders and systems.
PSI Polymer Systems: Screen changers, extrusion gear pumps and static mixers for the extrusion.
PTi Extruders: Sheet extrusion machinery, plastic extrusion, control systems, and roll systems.
Teel Plastics: Specializing in custom extruded plastic tubing and plastic profiles.
Witte Pumps & Technologies: Gear pumps and dynamic mixers.
Tabletops/corporate sponsorships: A limited number of sponsorships are still available for only $1000, if interested contact Charlie Martin/Leistritz ph: 908/685-2333 or via e-mail: email@example.com
We look forward to seeing you at this high-tech event!
Be the first to comment