The Plastics Industry Association (PLASTICS) announces Expert Super Sessions, a new educational component of NPE2018:The Plastics Show which will provide a forum for plastics industry experts to give an insider’s look into the latest technical insights and innovations driving next-generation trends and solutions in plastics manufacturing. Topics will include hot-button industry issues and emerging trends such as Industry 4.0, innovative approaches to sustainability and the implications of automation and the internet of things on plastics companies.
“We are giving NPE2018 attendees expanded and improved opportunities to learn from peers and thought leaders, maximizing their experience in Orlando. Expert Super Sessions were re-named for the NPE2018 show to reflect their true purpose – to give plastics experts a forum to present their industry-changing ideas and insights,” says Susan Krys, vice president of tradeshows and marketing at PLASTICS. “The sessions give attendees the unique opportunity to hear straight from the sources that are shaping the industry.”
Expert Super Sessions at NPE2018 include:
- How Intelligent Robotic Automation Can Improve Your Bottom Line: Presented by FANUC America Corporation, this session explores how intelligent robotic automation will help manufacturers achieve higher productivity.
- Trends and Material Solutions for the Building & Construction Market: Presented by A. Schulman, Inc., this session explores the latest trends and technologies addressing critical issues in building and construction.
- Gaining the Competitive Advantage with Industrial IoT: Presented by Oden Technologies, uncover how Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) enables manufacturers to improve quality, eliminate waste and gain a competitive edge during this session.
- Industry 4.0: Implementing a Smart(er) Factory: Presented by TSM Control Systems US, Inc., hear from TSM and Now Insight about their journey toward smarter factories using IoT technologies.
- Trends and Material Solutions for the Packaging Market: Presented by A. Schulman, Inc., learn more about packaging trends from optimizing barrier properties for shelf life extension to reducing food waste through smart packaging during this session.
- Innovative Approaches to Sustainability – A look at hydraulic fluids: Presented by ExxonMobil Chemical Company, this session features speakers from Exxon Mobil and discusses how EVCO Plastics was able to reduce energy consumption on one of its injection molding machines by 3.19 percent.