Leistritz will host its’ Twin Screw Extrusion Workshop on November 30-December 1, 2016 that combines classroom sessions with “hands-on” extrusion demonstrations. Topics include:
- Co-rotating and counterrotating twin screw extrusion technology
- Screw design and process techniques
- Sequencing of multi-stage process operations
- Devolatilization process techniques and practices
- Scale-up of the twin screw extrusion process
- Feeder and materials handling for pellets, powders and liquids
- Gear pumps and screen changers
- Pelletizing: strand cut, water ring, and underwater
- Direct extrusion for sheet, film, fibers and profiles
- Process troubleshooting
- Control and monitoring options
- Screw assembly and disassembly
- Twin screw extruder maintenance tips and procedures
“Hands-on” demonstrations at Leistritz NJ process laboratory will include:
- Co-rotating and counterrotating twin screw extruders
- Devolatilization via extrusion: ambient, vacuum assist, multi-stage
- Downstream addition of fillers, fibers and additives
- Direct sheet/film extrusion with gear pump front-end
In addition to Leistritz staff, industry and academia also contribute to the program. To receive the detailed program agenda contact Sarah Scovens, email@example.com.
Classroom sessions are held at the Holiday Inn in Clinton, NJ, and extrusion demonstrations will be at the nearby Leistritz Process Laboratory in Somerville, NJ.
Cost: Early registration, if received by November 1, 2016 is $800; after this date cost is $880.
For program details see this link: http://www.alec-usa.com/tsrpt08-16.htm