The Leistritz LHLG series air quench pelletizer mates with an extruder and enables die face cutting of pellets in air for water soluble, highly filled and foamed formulations as typically used for pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and specialty plastics products. The die is electrically heated and the flow geometry is matched with the formulation and throughput rate. The die, blades, and all contact areas are fabricated of hardened stainless, tool and carbide steels. Standard features include:
- Electrically heated pelletizing die
- Self-aligning cutter hub with replaceable blades driven by AC motor
- Blades are manually adjusted for allowable wear
- Stainless steel cutting chamber with sight glass and safety interlock
- Height adjustable support cart on tracks
- Optional chamber “misting” attachments for sticky formulations
A blower facilitates initial cooling and transport to a secondary cooling and transport mechanism.
These include high-velocity venturi blowers, vacuum systems, cyclones and vibratory cooling/classification equipment. GMP class systems are available for medical and pharmaceutical environments.
Leistritz has installed LHLG pelletizers in its’ NJ process laboratory to test formulations for use with ZSE-18, ZSE-27 and ZSE-50 MAXX model twin screw extruders.
For additional information contact Sarah Scovens at (908) 685-2333, x614 or e-mail email@example.com.
Be the first to comment