In this nozzle’s favour are:
Cycle time reduction, shut-off at the nozzle orifice, withdrawal while dosing.
Finds application in:
Packaging, automobile and leisure industries, medicinal and electronic equipment.
The assembly integrated actuator (pneumatically or hydraulically activated) controls a nozzle-axis positioned needle via a lever mechanism. The melt flow is therefore process dependently separated at the nozzle orifice. The needle mechanism is constructed in such a way, that with over-pressure an automatic opening of the nozzle is ensured.
Modules for filters, mixers and GAIM-applications complete the range of shut-off nozzle products.
• Air pockets during screw retraction
• Material leakage when dosing with a withdrawn injection unit
• Material leakage while vertically injecting
Applicable for special applications such as:
• Physical foaming
• Pre-compressing the melt
• Hot-runner injection molding (e.g.. containers, pots)
Supported process control:
• Actuator piston position sensors (indicates if nozzle is “open” or “closed”)
• Controlled, clean shut-off of the melt stream
• Shorter cycle times – increase in productivity
• Increased process reliability and repeatability
• Usability with increased back pressure – improved homogenization
• Add-on capability (on tool side)
• Filter module
• Process monitoring with piston position sensors on the actuator