Leistritz will host its’ annual Twin Screw Extrusion Workshop on Nov. 28-29, 2018 in NJ. As always, classroom sessions are supplemented by “hands-on” twin screw extrusion operating experience. A partial list of topics is as follows:
- Co-rotating and counterrotating twin screw extrusion technology
- High speed, energy input (HSEI) twin screw extruder theory and design
- Comparison to low speed, late fusion (LSLF) designs
- Screw design and process techniques
- Techniques for dispersive and/or distributive mixing
- Sequencing of multi-stage process operations
- Devolatilization process techniques and practices
- Scale-up of the twin screw extrusion process
- Feeder and material handling for pellets, powders and liquids
- Gear pumps and screen changers
- Pelletizing: strand cut, water ring, and underwater
- Direct extrusion for sheet, film, fibers and profiles
- Reactive processing
- Process troubleshooting
- Control and monitoring options
- Screw assembly and disassembly
- Twin screw extruder maintenance tips and procedures
“Hands-on” demonstrations at Leistritz NJ process laboratory will include:
- Co-rotating and counterrotating twin screw extruders
- Devolatilization via extrusion: ambient, vacuum assist, multi-stage
- Downstream addition of fillers, fibers and additives
- Direct sheet/film extrusion with gear pump front-end
- Foam extrusion via supercritical injection
To view an exerpt from a previous screw assembly session, see this link: https://youtu.be/9qKpZjnYxjw
In addition to Leistritz staff, industry and academia will contribute to the program.
Classroom sessions are held at the Holiday Inn in Clinton, NJ, and extrusion demonstrations at the nearby Leistritz Process Laboratory in Somerville, NJ.
Reserve your seat today! Registration is limited and available on a first come basis.
Price: Early registration, by Nov 9, 2018, is $800; after this date cost is $880.
Registration: If you have any questions, or wish to register, please e-mail sscovens@leistritz-extrusion.
The detailed agenda will be available in September.